Rugby Drill Demonstration
The 'Hunters' run after the 'Runners', trying to touch them with the rugby ball. If a 'Runner' is touched, then they are 'Stuck in the mud!' and can only be released when one of their team-mates, who is not stuck, crawls between their legs without themselves getting touched with the rugby ball.
- Players should carry the rugby ball in both hands, and when the game starts - the ball cannot be passed or thrown.
- Encourage players to communicate with each other, calling for support and help when they need it.
- You could make the game harder by increasing the number of 'Hunters' or reducing the size of the grid.
- You could make the game easier for the 'Runners' by increasing the size of the grid.
- A passing progression for this game is to have a number of 'Hunters', but only allow one of them to have a ball. The 'Hunters' can now pass the ball, and must work out the best way to use passing to stop 'Runners'.