Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Use half or a full pitch for this exercise.
- A full team of 7 will run unopposed.
- Players should use this as a rehearsal of everything that might happen in the game, and therefore should execute all of the following.....
- Line-outs, and what happen after them.
- Scrums, and what happens next.
- All moves.
- The full attacking patterns.
- Any kicking strategies, including restarts.
- When you feel the players are ready, bring in opposition with pads, and then without in full contact.
- Set targets with your players, but the targets need to be achievable.
- Players needs to show leadership.
- There should be evidence of communication.
- Reflect on what went well, and what could be better.
- Provide players with encouraging feedback.
- Allow the teams captain to start to take control.