Rugby Drill Demonstration
- The runner/tackler starts 10 meters back, runs forward and places the ball down just before the bag, and in the same motion hits the bag making a tackle. They then get to their feet and lift the ball, repeating the same skills at the opposite tackle bag. This repeats for 1 minute at pace.
- Switch the runner/tacklers with a player at the bags.
- Players preform this exercise at pace.
- Tacklers stay low after setting the ball down.
- They hit with the shoulder, wrapping arms tight around the bag.
- Tacklers should keep keep close enough to the contact to allow them to drive through the contact.
- Tacklers head is on the safe side of the tackle, the bag should not land on their head.