Rugby Drill Demonstration
- The ball carrier advances, running diagonally across the grid with the player on the other cone doing the same, but with a delay.
- The ball carrier can then switch or back flick the ball to the supporting runner.
- The supporting runner passes the ball back to the nearest player waiting from the next group, when they get the ball, they go.
- That's it, play.
- Ball carrier carries the ball in two hands.
- Supporting players time their run.
- Communication needs to be good between the ball carrier and supporting player.
- Ball carried should experiment with their pass, and not be afraid to cancel.
- Flicks should have air time.
- Support players should hit the ball at pace.