Rugby Drill Demonstration
- The attacker goes when ready, and must round either the top or bottom cone.
- The defender must mirror the movements of the attacker on the opposite side.
- They then compete in a 1 v 1, the attacker looking to score, and the defender seeking to stop them. This is full contact.
- When the first two have finished, the next attacker should go right away, followed by the defender.
- Swap the attackers and the defenders around when you feel it appropriate.
- Ball carriers use change in foot-speed, pace, side-steps, spins, and hand-offs to beat the defender.
- Defender should be careful not to over commit.
- Defenders should track, and use the touchline as an extra defender.
- Ball carriers should not be afraid to experiment.
- Ball carriers head should be up and reacting to what they see.
- Ball carrier can use a dive to get to the line.