Rugby Drill Demonstration
The sequence of passing on this exercise is as following......
- P2 passes to P1, who passes to P4 using a pass from the ground.
- As the same time P3 passes to P2 who passes to P1, who passes to P3, from the ground.
- and so the exercise continues.
- There should be no delay in passes.
- This exercise should be preformed at pace.
- Receivers hands should be out and ready to catch.
- Communication aids the speed of the exercise, while encouraging players.
- Players should not be afraid to make mistakes, but help them to identify what they can change.
- Passes are correct in terms of selection, weighting, distance, accuracy, and timing.
- SH furthest foot from the receiver is close to the ball, they are low, drawing the pass in one motion from the ground towards the target without lifting the ball.
- All SH players to experiment with their pass.