Rugby Drill Demonstration
Using cones and tackle bags, mark out your training area as shown in the diagram. The tackle bags should be stood up, and at a distance away from the play that tests the strength of their pass.
Set 6 balls at each cone and divide your players into groups of 2, and allocate one group of 2 to each training area.
Tell your players that...
- Each player has five tackle bags and six balls, the winner is the player that knocks down the most balls.
A player cannot leave their cone and must knock the bags down by passing and hitting with the ball on the bag or the bag itself.
- Passes need to be at speed and at target, this exercise is done at pace. It is a race
- Players need to provide fast ball, it will take come force and accuracy to know the bag down
- Passes need to be weighted correctly
- Encourage players to play the game using both passing hands.
- Allow passes to experiment with different passing techniques
Have enough training areas in order to keep your players busy and active.