Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell the players the following......
- The first group of 3 go first.
- The first player hits in on the bag with their shoulder, driving forward and placing their hands on the ground in a press-up position over the ball.The second player covers him, and the third acts as a SH moving the ball to the next set of 3.
- The next 3 player unit does the same, moving the ball back to the first 3 player unit - which should have reset ready to go again.
- Players know and understand their roles.
- Communication is ongoing, player not only talk, they listen.
- Heads and up, players react to what they see.
- The speed of the exercise should build, but only when each player is fulfilling their roles correctly.
- Players should change roles following each ruck.