Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- Ball carrier on the lower right cone advances to the center of the grid, drops and pop the ball to a player coming from the opposite cone. That player then pops the ball to the player waiting at the cone they are running towards.
- The player on the ground must clear the area right away.
- The waiting ball carrier at the upper right cone then advances and does the same as above.
- The sequence repeats.
- Ball carrier carries the ball in two hands.
- The pop is weighted correctly in terms of speed distance, and direction.
- The pop needs air time.
- The receiver times their run in order to take the ball a pace.
- There needs to be communication between the popper and receiver e.g. down, pop etc.