Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.........
- The coach will call a number e.g. 1.
- That attacking group must attack, aiming to score a try at the opposite end of the grid.
- The defence must try to stop them.
- Simple as that - except the number calls will be quick - there will be no delays between attacks, so the defence must be Sharpe and respond quickly to what they see.
- That's it - lets play.
- Don't forget to change the defenders.
- Defenders work in a line.
- Space is closed quickly.
- Defenders communicate.
- Each defender is aware of the position and speed of the defenders to their left and right.
- Defenders do not commit too soon, or rush up too quickly.