Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following.....
- Pass the ball around, clockwise.
- After each circuit of the ball, take one half step back and complete another circuit.
- Keep stepping back until players start to reach their limits in terms of passing distance.
- Start to work your way back in towards the box.
- Change the direction of the ball when you get to the box, and do the same working back out again.
- Receivers hands are out.
- Passes are weight correctly in terms of speed, distance, and accuracy.
- The passer moves the ball from behind the hip to increase speed.
- Players push themselves to work outside their comfort zone.
- Passers use both hands.