Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell the players the following.....
- This is all about tackling at chest height.
- The facing player will advance, they will be the tackler.
- The bag carrier should advance as well.
- The tackler makes a chest height hit on the bag, taking the bag with them.
- The next defender on the other side does the same, taking the bag with them.
- When each player completes their role, they should join the opposite line, ready to go again.
- Defenders hit hard with their shoulder, driving through and winning the contact.
- Defenders aim to hit the bag at chest height.
- Defenders hit, squeeze, and drive.
- Defenders must keep their heads up.
- Foot position allows defenders to remain in control at the point of contact, the mindset must be one of remaining strong and controlling the contact.