Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following......
- Players will attack in teams of 2, each attacking unit will have their own ball.
- At the pads, the ball carrier must hit and roll or hit and spin or sidestep.
- They will then face 2v 1 situations following each pad.
- Their objective is to get to the other side, without making a mistake, and score a try!
- The following group of 2 can go when they feel there is a reasonable gap between the attacking units.
- Don't forget to change your players about.
- Ball carriers seek to win the contact.
- Ball carriers draw the defender away from the direction of the pass.
- Support runners hit space and the ball at pace.
- Communication needs to be at the heart of the attack.
- Attackers keep their heads up and play what they see.