Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following......
- Players will standing at the midway point of the playing area, about 25 meters in.
- Tell each team which direction they are playing.
- Set the ball on the ground in front of the players.
- If you call 1 then team one is in attack and they should pick the ball up, if you should 2 then team 2 is in attack and they should pick the ball up.
- The non attacking team is in defence.
- Normal rules of sevens apply.
- However, before each team can start their attack/defence, they must all run to their own try line and back.
- When the attack is over, all players return to the midway point to start again.
- That's it, lets play!
Make sure that you give both teams a chance to attack and defend.
- Both the attack and the defence work hard to get to position quickly.
- Attackers scan the pitch for attacking opportunities, and communicate them.
- Attackers work in groups, employing the teams attacking patterns to make the best use of space.
- Attackers offer support to the ball carrier.
- Passers follow their pass.