Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell your players the following......
- Whichever group of 2 is given the ball becomes the attack, and should attack upon receiving the ball.
- The opposite group of 2 becomes the defence, and should defend right away.
- The object of the exercise is for the defence to turn the ball, and for the attack to score a try by cross the defences line and touching the ball down.
- Dropped balls, knocked on, forward passes etc. are illegal and will be consider a point for the defence.
- Illegal actions by the defence will be consider a point for the attack.
- Each group of two should keep their own score.
- When the attack is over, the ball should be returned to the coach for the next phase.
- Have more than one training area in order to keep your players as active as possible.
- All players hands are out and ready to catch the ball.
- The attack and defence must react quickly.
- Defenders communicate. Communication is effective, efficient, and encouraging.
- Attackers work to attack space, if there is none - they seek to create it.
- Attackers draw defenders away from where the ball will be passed to, they use changes in foot-speed and direction to attack space.