Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Explain to thescrum halfs that they are to attempt to pass the ball at the attackers and attempt to hit them below the shoulders.
- It won't be a completed pass as the attackers are just trying to avoid getting hit.
- The scrum halfs can move sideways along the edge of grid, however, cannot move forward into the grid.
- The attackers can attack when they like, and if hit they can be out - or have more than one life.
- When an scrum half makes it through the grid successfully, with out being directly hit by a pass, they wait at the other end till all the other attackers make it.
- The scrum halfs must make their passes/hits from the groud.
Remember, you don't have to focus on all of the following coaching points. Pick the ones that relate to your session goals and targets, and match in with the ability of your players.
Note: Some younger players will love this game, and some may not! So think carefully about having different groupings that take into account players passing ability (in terms of speed), and if you have a group of players that might not like this game - have them attend a special pass development clinic with another coach.Read more »