Rugby Drill Demonstration
- The speed of the pass should be reasonable and provide the interceptors with a chance of success.
- Tell the players the following....
- The rest of the players will start one cone back from the passers, each standing one behind the other.
- The first player will go, aiming to intercept the flat pass.
- Then the next, until all players have intercepted the pass.
- They then move another cone back - to do the same.
- They keep moving back until they don't have enough speed to get onto the ball.
- Don't forget to give the passers a chance, they could be injured players who you might want to keep busy with simple passing.
- Passers provide a flat ball, at an appropriate speed.
- Attackers seek to hit the pass at speed.
- Attackers judge the timing of their run.
- Attackers hands are out and their head is up, they react to what they see.
- Attackers may choose to start even deeper than they have to, uses a change in foot-speed when they hit the starter marker.