Hockey Drill Demonstration
Pressing/Outletting exercise used to train varios pressing strategies.
Split the field in half to practice pressing on either side.
Team A (Blue) outletting:
- Aim is to score over the half way line
- CB passes to RB/LB
- RB/LB then try to either run down the line, pass down the line to high forward or connect with midfielders
Team B (Red) pressing:
- Aim in this situation is the full court press.
- As CB passes to RB/LB, he then cuts the CB off from OB and reverese pressses the OB either looking to shave the OB or create a double tackle scenario with OF.
- OF steps at 45' onto the OB in order to win the ball. (Don't fly in)
- OM closes the line on both sides trying to force infield run/pass.
- CM steps into pocket to turn over/intercept OB.
Various presses may be implenented in this drill.