Tennis Drill Demonstration
Player 1 starts on the tramlines opposite the coach.
Coach feeds the ball across the court for player 1 to run on to and hit a deep running forehand to player 2.
A rally continues until a point is won.
After the point is won player 1 retreats to their starting position, player 2 joins the back of the queue, and player 3 joins the drill.
Repeat the drill until all players have played player 1.
Rotate players and repeat the drill.
- Players footwork to be quick to meet the ball.
- Meet the ball on the rise or the top of the bounce.
- Recover to the starting position after the rally.
Before hitting the forehand:
- Turn to the Side and Load weight on Back Leg
- ‘Crouching’ before acceleration for balanced weight transfer
- The Fun part. Hitting the attacking forehand