Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Coach stands inside the service box on the player’s side.
- Player starts from the baseline.
- Coach feeds short and high balls to the deuce side.
- Player sprints forward and alternates hitting attacking forehands using closed and open stances.
- Player works on attacking the ball using close and open stance.
- Many players usually favor only one of these stances. This mistake often limits offensive possibilities so competitive players should possess both stances to be confident that they can choose the best one to win the given point.
- Coach should remind players to load the legs before hitting the ball to make sure that they are generating power for the shot using legs and not only the racket.
Drill tags: don't limit your position