Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Player stands on the balance platforms.
- Coach throws a medicine ball to the player's forehand.
- Player catches the ball and imitates a forehand stroke throwing the medicine ball back to coach.
- In this drill the player improves balance and strength while imitating a forehand stroke.
- Staying on the balance platforms forces the player to focus on the task and also to consciously control the body. This will develop a solid forehand that will operate under the pressure.
- Additionally by imitating a forehand and throwing the medicine ball, the player incorporates different parts of the body so both strengthening and biomechanical chain are in use.
- The coach should vary the weight of the medicine ball according to the age and physical level of the player.
Drill tags: get a balanced forehand