Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Decision-making in contact.
- The aim is to get the ball carrier beyond the tackler and the support of players making decisions about who and the threats and who to clear out.
- The coach throws one of the 4 players the ball, they then have to beat the defender inside the contact area without passing.
- The other 3 players must run around cone (5 m to decide) before supporting.
- 4 attackers, 1 tackler and 2 pads
- Pads can come forward once attacker enters contact area (5 m x 7 m)
- Attacker sees footwork to trying get beyond defender. If they don't get tackled, then they look to score.
- You can keep changing the number of pads. Keep changing who the primary attacker is.