Rugby Drill Demonstration
- The coach pops the ball off to the attacker. The first defender tackles the player to the floor quickly.
- The second defender arrives and gets low in an attempt to get their hands on the ball prior to a ruck being formed.
- A second attacking player comes in to try to clear out the second defender.
- The second defender needs to have strong, low body position.
- If they do this, the second attacker shouldn't be able to clear them out.
- Getting in as soon as the tackle is made to get your hands on the ball can mean a quick turnover for your side.
Drill tags: body position, ruck, tackle