Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Each station has two tackle tubes perpendicular to each other in a T shape.
- The tackler tackles the bottom of the T, while there is a player with their knee(s) at the top of the T pushing their weight into the tubes.
- The tackler must arrive very low to tackle the tube, and use their momentum to lift the bag and clear out the defender, using the bag to do so.
- The tackler should keep very low to the floor when tackling the tube, hitting the circular face of the tube with their shoulder.
- The momentum should pop the tube up slightly, allowing the tackler to wrap their arms around the tube to pick it up, just over half way up the tube.
- The tackler needs to clear out the opponent with force, ending up on top of the tube in a rucking position.
Drill tags: clear out, ruck, tackle tube