Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Tell your players the following......
- There will be one ball to each group, any player can be the ball carrier.
- On GO, the group moves towards the closest cone.At the cone, the players spread out and attack the line at pace and with width.
- They should realign following the attack left, to attack again right.
- When the second groups sees the first group complete their first set of passes, they should begin without waiting.
Don't feel that you have to focus on all of the following coaching points, you may have your own. Select the points that most closely match your overall training and session goals.
- Make the training area small to force quick hands.
- Make the training area wider to increase the length of the pass.
- Allow players to be creative in attack.