Rugby Drill Demonstration
3 players work together, the middle player working the hardest out of the 3.
The 3 players stand in a line, the middle player doing a side on pass, catching and passing with two hands, same body position as the side on pendulum pass drill.
The other 2 players using the pendulum front pass. The player in the middle is working on his fluidity of movement as well as his technique.
- Player in the middle needs to focus on fast flowing hands
- Collecting ball with outstretched arms and hands up
- Passing from the bottom up to receiving player
- No spin passing, just focus on a quick catch, if needed slight reshuffle and pass
- Players should turn torso towards target
- Follow through with hands towards target
- Eyes on target before the ball is released
- Eyes now move from passer to receiver
Drill tags: pendulum