Rugby Drill Demonstration
- This is a 3 v 2 drill in favour of the attackers.
- On GO, the attackers and defenders run around the cones on the attacking and defensive lines.
- The coach passes to the middle attacking player.
- The receiving player then carries the ball up to the line of defenders, and will have an attacking runner either side of them.
- Depending on the position of the defenders, the attacker with the ball will then have to make a decision to pass left or right.
- The attackers aim is to make it past the defending line.
- Attackers should directly at the defender to make them think that they need to make a tackle.
- Attacker with the ball needs to play with their head up so they know the defenders positioning and see where the space is.
- Attacker with the ball should delay the pass for as long as possible.
- Defenders should try not to commit too early to make it difficult for the attackers to make the correct decision.
- Ensure passes are of a good height and weight to other attackers.