Rugby Drill Demonstration
- This is a fun warm up game for the whole team to be involved in
- Players are separated into two teams, one team wearing bibs
- Every player is holding a rugby ball, which they keep to themselves
- There is one 'live' ball that is used for the game.
- This is a possession game, where each team tries to keep the ball for as long as possible, passing and catching one-handed (because their other hand is holding a ball already)
- Once a team reaches 10 passes in a row, possession switches over. A small forfeit such as press ups could be introduced for conceding 10 consecutive passes.
- Players will have to adapt their passing techniques since they are passing one-handed.
- These passes emulate off-loading in a match
- One-handed catching in gameplay is generally not encouraged, but in this game there is no option - therefore improving the players' skills when it becomes necessary to catch one handed in a match.
Drill tags: offload, offloading