Rugby Drill Demonstration
2 groups of 2 players start on set cones about 15m apart. The 2 players are situated one in behind the other, the same goes for the second set of 2 players.
- Once the player with the ball starts to run, the supporter goes wide and straightens onto a gate of cones.
- As soon as he passes the ball the second supporter can start to move out to his designated gate.
Ensure that the players hide behind one another!
- Players should start one behind another and run straight once the ball has left the passer's hands.
- Only move out once the ball has left the passer's hands, who is passing towards the player you are supporting
- Ensure that there is enough space between the two groups so that the move out quite far for a medium length pass
Drill tags: overlap, run, runs, straight, support