Rugby Drill Demonstration
The aim of the drill is to develop positive work after the tackle and when would you use a 360’ roll. often a loose tackle or let go.
- 360 roll
The attackers emphasis is to keep momentum and and by time for support.
- The Attacker must land onto of the ball - For Protection.
- Then perform a roll to buy time and space.
- To encourage quick ball, player must jacknife and get into a long placement.
- Encoruage 2 hands on the ball at all times.
- The Defender should make a low leg tackle and leave go for the attacker to roll.
- Make the defender active.
- By any means, make it difficult for the attacker to peform the roll and jacknife trying to knock the ball out of the attackers arms.
- Attacker must work hard to protect the ball.