Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Player stands on the baseline.
- Coach feeds high balls to the forehand side.
- Player hits forehand slice off high balls in different directions.
- In this drill player works on the forehand slice off high balls.
- It is important that player keeps the racket with a continental grip and sets up a solid position before the shot.
- The biggest mistake that players make is to try to hit this kind of shot with straight legs. Even when the ball bounces high, bending knees are necessary to achieve optimal control over the shot.
- For more advanced players, the coach can feed balls using topspin to make it more realistic and similar to match conditions.
Drill tags: forehand slice high to low