Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Both player and coach stand on their ad side.
- Player rallies with coach using pattern based on backhand topspin cross-court, backhand slice cross-court and forehand down the line.
- In this drill the player improves different strokes from the baseline and learns how to maintain good quality shots whilst hitting into the same spot on the court.
- Placing different shots with different spins into rival’s backhand is a good way to check the opponent’s consistency and patience.
- Only well-prepared rivals will be able to maintain a good rally without taking too much risk after hitting a few backhands in a row.
- For more advanced players the coach can make them play the point out after executing a tactical pattern without a mistake.
Drill tags: pressure on the backhand side