Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Player stands on the service line.
- Coach stands on the baseline.
- Player rallies with coach.
- Coach hits regular topspin balls into the player's legs.
- Player executes adeep backhand half-volley to the center of the court.
- The player works on their ability to control a half-volley into a deep area of the court.
- During the match, the opponent can put the ball into a net player’s legs to have a better chance to hit a successful passing shot at the next attempt.
- Tactically it is a smart option to hit the ball deep to the baseline to have time to move closer to the net and also to put the opponent behind the baseline.
- Coach should pay attention to the physical and technical details of the player’s stroke and if happy with the consistency, put a tactical target on the court to make the player work to achieve a given number of well-placed shots.
Drill tags: backhand half volley rally