Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Coach feeds the ball to the ad side.
- Player moves forward, hits an attacking backhand cross-court and moves into the net.
- Coach hits the ball back, cross-court. The player finishes with a controlled deep backhand volley down the line.
- In this drill player works on combining an offensive shot with a finishing volley.
- Every short ball is an invitation from the opponent to dominate the point so players should be aware of this opportunity.
- Power combined with net position are 2 factors that put pressure on the opponent and both will have an impact on opponents return shot.
- If the opponent controls the ball well, the player should focus on finishing the volley with control and to not miss an opportunity to win well-constructed point.
Drill tags: attack with courage