Hockey Drill Demonstration
1) Side on position when receiving from behind so that both you and the passer can see where the defender is, and make appropriate decisions based on this.
2) Sudden move to receive.
3) Receive the pass in front of the body to see the next pass forwards.
4) Arrive at the place you want the ball as the ball arrives. If you are waiting for the ball to arrive a defender will be able to recover.
5) Carry the ball out in front to see passes.
6) Keep constant contact with the ball when carrying it to enable the pass to be delivered quickly.
Practices- Defender 1 dribbles at pace.
- Defender 2 leads out.
- Defender 3 gets free lead to receive from defender 2's cross.
- Defender 3 shoots.
- All players move round one spot.