Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Coach and player rally together in the cross-court direction.
- Player starts from the service line and hits only volleys.
- After every shotthe player moves forward closer to the net.
- After reaching the net the player moves back after every hit.
- The player works on volleys’ consistency while rallying.
- Changing position after every shot forces the player to maintain good footwork and also to adjust to the incoming ball.
- The focus should be on control instead of power to learn how to keep the ball in play.
- Coach should remind the player to avoid unnecessary backswing and add some backspin to the shots to increase control and keep the ball consistently in given direction.
Drill tags: consistent volleying