Shooting Guard: Individual Practice Session
This week's individual player session has been designed to improve your aspiring shooting guards' skill and shooting percentage (to be used as a supplement to game practice).
Shooting Guard position - Core duties:
A shooting guard's main objective is to score points for his team (shooting guards typically average 35-40% of shots from three-point range). For this reason shooting guards need to be:
- A GREAT Shooter with great fundamentals
- Able to create off the dribble and at the basket (lay-ups etc)
- Able to move off the ball and get free of their defender
- An excellent free thrower and strong perimeter defender
- Be in excellent physical shape
Use this session with your shooting guards to help them improve their game today!