Tennis Drill Demonstration
1) In this drill there are two hitters, two shadows, and the remaining students wait in the alley.
2) The drill starts with the hitters hitting the net.
3)The teacher then hits a lob for hitter 1 to smash.
4)While hitter 1 goes for smash, hitter 2 and both shadows, shadow his movements.
5) The teacher hits the second lob to hitter 2. Once again, the other 3 hit the net and shadow movement back for smash.
6) This is repeated twice. Each hitter hits 2 smashes.
7) After his second smash the hitter goes to the end of the waiting line of students. His shadow moves to the hitting position, and a waiting student becomes the shadow.
8) Smashes should be hit cross-court, away from teacher!!
9) Emphasis should once again be on control and movement.