Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Players stands close to the net.
- Coach feeds a lob ball. Player hits overhead to the ad side and quickly runs to the net (deuce side).
- Coach feeds another ball to the deuce side. Player finishes with forehand stop volley down the line.
- In this drill player works on overhead connected with stop volley.
- After hitting overhead many players stay in the same spot which is a big mistake so the coach should explain to players that after the overhead they want to get back to the offensive position at the net.
- Following to the net and taking a good tactical position, creates the opportunity to win the point in easy manner.
- The stop volley is the best option to use for the 2nd volley as the opponent will be out of postition from responding to the overhead.
- For more advanced players coach can give more difficult balls or set proper zones to hit both shots.
Drill tags: hit follow volley smash