Tennis Drill Demonstration
Intention: Develop basic forehand technique.
- Players line up on one side of the net set up on a short court. Coach on the other side of the net.
- Coach feeds the ball to the first player in the line.
- Each player hits the ball 3 times.
- Shot is a forehand played with a neutral hitting stance and the player is to finish balanced with toe facing down.
- Those in the line mimic the shot of the player playing the ball.
- Once the player has had their three shots, the collect three balls to return to the hopper before joining the back of the line.
Demonstrate a balanced and active ready position.
Demonstrate the ability to step down the court and hit from a neutral stance finishing balaced with toe facing down.
Grip: Eastern/weak semi western
Take the racket back by turning the hips and shoulders to the side.
Basic low to high forward swing.
Contact on the ball at the side of the body and slightly in front.
Follow through long and high
To check the players progress and learning: Can the players move to and hit, using a short simple swing, 4 of 5 balls on the forehand back over the net and into the short court.