Football Drill Demonstration
Objective: Opposed practice developing recovery runs and increase understanding on roles and responsibilities.
- Mark out 4 channels / areas 15 x 30 (age / ability dependant).
- Players are organised into groups of 4.
- Each group work within a channel.
- Player one serves the ball to player 3 who attempts to beat player 2.
- Player 2 must retreat into own half before applying pressure.
- Quality of pass to begin practice (varied, height, weight, speed, etc).
- Get behind the ball as a priority.
- Apply pressure once in own half.
- When the ball moves forwards or side wards retreat back behind the ball again.
- When to apply press
Drill tags: defence, defend, defending, football, soccer