Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Player serves wide from the deuce side.
- Coach throws a short and high ball to the deuce side.
- Player moves forward and hits an offensive forehand drive volley to the center of the court.
- Player works on using opportunity to finish the point after good serve.
- Opening the court with wide serve creates many possibilities to dominate the rally so players should put a lot of effort to make this serve a strength.
- After a good serve player has to be ready to react to short ball and if the ball is high enough, it is a good option to use forehand drive volley.
- Player has to remember that while using a lot of power she should aim at a big target on the court so the center area is a good solution.
- It is possible that the opponent will pick the side and run to one of the corners so hitting through the center can also bring easy winners.
Drill tags: serve and forehand volley finish