Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Player and coach rally together using forehands in the cross-court direction.
- On deep balls, the player stays close to the baseline and hits a forehand half volley.
- In this drill, the player works on a specific response to deep balls.
- During the rally a lot of balls land close to the baseline and the response to these balls can have big impact on the chance of winning the point.
- Players who are able to hit a deep ball can build the point from the baseline and force the opponent to take more risks that can result in errors.
- Coach should tell the player to focus more on control and to pay attention to the point of contact while hitting a half volley. This will develop a consistent shot that they will be able to use during competition.
Drill tags: rally with half volley