Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Player stands inside the service box.
- Coach stands on the service line.
- Player rallies with coach down the line.
- Coach hits all the balls using regular strokes. Player hits using only the backhand half-volleys.
- This situation puts the player into a match environment because every ball is different so constant physical adjustment is needed to be able to achieve a proper position for the shot.
- Coach should pay attention to the player’s footwork to make sure that even while hitting to each other from a short distance, the player is active and reacts quickly to every ball.
- This is also a good test of the player’s strength preparation If after a few shots the players lose their footwork’ quality or losen up their wrist in hitting arm, these are the signals of the need to do additional work off the court.
Drill tags: mini half volley rally