Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Player receives an easy ball to the ad side.
- Player hits a deep backhand slice down the line and comes into the net.
- Coach feeds another ball to the deuce side.
- Player finishes with a forehand volley cross-court.
- In this drill the player works on coming to the net with specific focus on the approach shot.
- By hitting the approach shot with backspin, the ball keeps low so it is difficult for the opponent.
- Because the ball doesn’t bounce high, it limits the offensive return options.
- Player at the net should pay attention to the racket preparation of the opponent to be able to read the intentions of the return before they hit the ball.
- With a volley it is not always necessary to hit into the open space so players should practice different finishing shots out of the air.
Drill tags: make the passing shot difficult