Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Player stands on the baseline. Coach stands at the net on the ad side.
- Player and coach rally together.
- Player uses only forehand stroke and hits all the balls down the line.
- After receiving short ball player runs to the ball and hits forehand cross-court winner.
- Player works on transitioning from neutral rally to finishing the point.
- Consistency is a key and taking into consideration that coach is at the net, player has less time for reaction so their footwork has to be pinpoint.
- Coach should pay attention to the reaction time and also to the quality of both, neutral and offensive shots.
- For more advanced players coach can give difficult volleys or set minimum number of neutral shots before player gets an easy ball.
Drill tags: from rally to winner, reaction, passing forehand shot