Tennis Drill Demonstration
Player starts in the middle behind the baseline.
Coach feeds balls alternately to the forehand and backhand.
The player should move in a smile shape around the baseline, with the tops of the smile being where they hit the ball and the bottom of the smile their recovery position.
- The smile position allows the player to cut in on the court and take time away from the other player. Also if they were further back then they'd have to send the ball further
- Aim to hit the ball at the top of the bounce or when it is between the waist and shoulder
- Player cutting in the court and angles and moving through the ball
- Making big steps to the ball and recovering with side steps
- Correct movement and cutting in