Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Player takes position behind the baseline facing the back fence. Coach stands inside the court.
- Coach gives voice signal and feeds the ball to either the backhand or forehand side.
- Player reacts, turns around and hits forehand/backhand over the net.
- Player works on reaction and quality of own shots from the baseline.
- Starting position limits player’s visual reaction so they to focus firstly on auditory reflexes.
- It forces player to do the actions in the quickest possible way with player’s footwork key to getting the technique correct under time pressure.
- For more advanced players coach can set up the zone to also work on precision in given situation.
Drill tags: reaction groundstrokes, reflexes, quick feet