Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Coach stands close to the net.
- Player starts on the baseline.
- Coach throws drop shot to the deuce side.
- Player sprints to the ball and hits forehand slice lob over the coach's racket.
- Running to the drop shot and controlling the ball are always difficult actions because player has to learn how to decelerate after a quick sprint and still keep the racket's face under control.
- It is important to open the racket's face to create a trajectory for the ball to make it over the opponent and drop inside the baseline.
- To make this drill more competitive, the coach can award one point every time the player hits the ball into the zone and deduct 1 point every time they don't.
Drill tags: get to the drop and lob