Hockey Drill Demonstration
2 defenders (RD & LD)
3 Midfield (RM, CM, LM)
1 Forward (F)
Penalty corners -
Attack, 3 players around edge of circle, 1 player hitting it out and others back defending.
Defensively, 4 players & the GK behind the line inside the goal. 2 players in oppositions circle.
GK - Cecily
RD - Hollie
LD - Gracie
RM - Sorcha
CM - Alice
LM - Bebe
A - Christy
Subs - Lara (Defender), Antonia (Midfield
Sorcha could play attacker, Hollie can play CM too.
- players to pressurise the oppositon when they have the ball. Attacker to put pressure on their defenders. Midfield and defence to mark players and tackle their players.
- on opposition hit out, our team should take up the shape on the diagram. marking players too when they move.
- defenders must not stay too deep when we are attacking, step toward the half way line as you will tackle further away from our goal.
- RM & LM to use width which is where the space will be.
- All midfield must be infront of their markers when our defenders have a hit out. Moving to try to create space for passes through to our forwards or midfielders.
- Defenders to be confident to pass the ball to them or into space away from our goal.
- Attacker leading high & wide into space for passes. it's important for forward to keep stretching the pitch with high leads.
- Carry the ball to space, dodge around players, not go through them.
- look to where or who you are passing to. Dont just panic and give the ball away.
- STOP THE BALL FIRST BEFORE YOU PASS!!
Enjoy, play well and have fun!
Created by Jo, Hockey Coach, England